Saturday, February 3, 2018

Weekly Looks: MAC, Natasha Denona, Juvia's Place, Colourpop, Kat Von D, and more

I hit a snag this week in terms of makeup. I've been feeling a lack of inspiration for a while now, but I really felt it this week. I think I was still able to come up with some cool looks that I really enjoyed, but I'm certainly feeling "pressure" to come up with a new look every single day. And, frankly, that has become a little exhausting. On days where I feel inspired to play, it's so fun to come up with something new. But other days, like the majority of this week, I just haven't been in the mood, and looking at my makeup collection felt like looking at a full closet and feeling like there was nothing to wear.

I'm also prepping for a major life change that will happen next week, so that is likely the reason for the lack of inspiration. Nonetheless, I feel like I maybe want to start my "one week, one palette" project again. I can't promise that will happen, but I think it might be a good place for me to start and get my bearings again.

With that said, this week, I mainly pulled from my single shadows and custom or duped palettes.

Here are five looks I did this week.

Look 1: MAC Satin Taupe





Lid: MAC Satin Taupe
Transition: MAC Quarry
Crease: Ardency Inn Violet
Inner corner: Kat Von D Saphyre
Brow bone: Wet N Wild Brûlée
Lower lash line: Juvia's Place Dalia

Look 2: Natasha Denona Industrial and Nina's Orchid 





Lid: Natasha Denona Industrial 
Transition: Makeup Geek Cupcake 
Crease: Natasha Denona Nina's Orchid 
Inner Corner: Makeup Geek Phantom 
Brown Bone: Wet N Wild Brûlée
Lower lash line: Natasha Denona Nina's Orchid

Look 3: Juvia's Place Zola





Lid: Juvia's Place Zola
Transition: Kat Von D pink
Crease: Colourpop Silver Lining
Inner Corner: Kat Von D Saphyre
Brown Bone: Wet N Wild Brûlée
Lower lash line: Makeup Geek Caitlin Rose

Look 4: Colourpop Come and Get It





Lid: Colourpop Come and Get It
Transition: Inglot 361 matte
Crease: Inglot 392 matte
Outer corner: Coloured Raine Ladyship 
Inner Corner: Coloured Raine Crown
Brow bone: Too Faced Satin Sheets
Lower lash line: Ardency Inn Orchid

Look 5: Kat Von D Saint and Sinner





Lid: Worship
Transition: Sacred Heart
Crease: Rosary
Outer corner: Exorcism
Inner corner: Absolution
Brow bone: Baptism
Lower lash line: Worship


Look 1: MAC Satin Taupe

I recently added Satin Taupe and Quarry to this palette, and I have to say that I was really disappointed with how they looked. I don't know if I was just having an off day, but the colors looked really muddy to me. And I don't mean that they muddied together, I mean they looked dirty. I tried to spruce this look up with some purple and vibrant blue, but it felt like a loss all the way around. 

Look 2: Natasha Denona Industrial and Nina's Orchid

This look came out of my duped/reimagined Modern Renaissance palette, and I really enjoyed it. I think these taupe silver shades pair so nicely with a purple in the crease, and I really loved how this look turned out overall.

Look 3: Juvia's Place Zola

This was definitely my favorite look of the week, and I love how beautifully Zola pairs with pinks and purples. I was again reminded how much I love Colourpop Silver Lining, and I am always shocked that many people think it's terrible. (Even Temptalia gave it an F rating!) I don't typically buy into the "maybe I just got a bad batch" excuse that many people give when a product performs poorly, but I genuinely feel like I have a better pan of this shadow than most. This was a really fun look for me and is an easy way, I feel, to wear color without feeling like you are overdoing it.

Look 4: Colourpop Come and Get It

One of the reasons I want to do a one week, one palette project soon is because I want to use this palette for an entire week and just get all the sunset looks out of my system. (Who are we kidding, I would need to do at least a one month, one palette project for that.) I love this palette, but I know that it is also a very pink/purple/berry/orange palette. And maybe I'm not all that creative, but there are only so many looks I can do with a palette like this that aren't going to look totally similar. Luckily, I love the look of pinks and purples in the crease, so that doesn't bother me, but I don't know how interesting it would make these weekly posts. Either way, I loved this look.

Look 5: Kat Von D Saint and Sinner

(This palette was given to me as a gift.)

On an almost daily basis, I reach for this palette thinking that I want to use it and then I put it away because I can't think of a new look to do with it. I haven't wanted to make the obvious neutral looks with it, and most days I'm just not feeling a lime green on the lid with orange in the crease. I believe I've done a version of this look before, but it was one that I liked and wanted to revisit. I like how this look turned out, but I think I would have liked it more if the colors were swapped and there was pink on the lid with purple in the crease. I wear a version of a look like that all the time, so I guess that makes sense. I do like this palette overall, but I continually find it difficult to spark inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. How do you successfully depot all your shadows? I have the big Kat von d one and a few of the 5 from Natasha Denona and I want to build palettes like you have

    ReplyDelete