Saturday, October 7, 2017

Recent Looks: Peachy Eyes—NYX Air, Carli Bybel Deluxe, Juvia's Place Masquerade


It's been a while since I've done a recent looks post, and as I mentioned in an earlier post this week, the reasons have been because of some life events and international travel. I took photos of several of my looks over the past couple weeks, but I also repeated the same looks several days because I liked them so much. 

I will mention this in my upcoming September Favorites post, but my duped Just Peachy Matte palette has been an everyday staple for me, and I haven't wanted to use anything else since I first put the colors together. 


One thing to note, I did replace two of the colors in the "duped" palette for colors I wanted in this palette more. In the top row, far right, I replaced ABH Fudge with Colourpop Slim Fit, and in the middle row, I replaced Coloured Raine Moments with Colurpop 143. 

Here are eight looks I've done in recent weeks.

Look 1: Kiko 208





Kiko 208 on the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease as a transition shade, Colourpop Slim Fit blended into the crease, and Colourpop Making Moves padded onto the outer corner. Chanel eyeliner in Eros on the waterline. 

Look 2: Kiko 200





Kiko 200 on the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease, and Makeup Geek Bitten padded on the outer corner. Marc Jacobs highliner in Whirl(pool) on the waterline. 

Look 3: "Just Peachy Mattes"





Colourpop Making Moves on the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease as a transition shade, and Colourpop Stay Golden blended into the crease and padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 4: Juvia's Place Masquerade 





Juvia's Place Chi on the inner and outer lid, Juvia's Place Zola on the center of the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease as a transition shade, and Colourpop Stay Golden blended into the crease. Marc Jacobs highliner in Whirl(pool) on the waterline. 

Look 5: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe 





Carli Bybel 4 on the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease as a transition shade, Colourpop Slim Fit blended into the crease, and Colourpop Stay Golden padded onto the outer corner and blended into the crease. 

Look 6: NYX Air





12 on the lid, 3 blended into the crease as a transition shade, and 11 padded onto the outer corner and blended into the crease. 4 on the lower lash line. 

Look 7: Stila Magnificent Metals Sunset Cove





Sunset Cove on the lid, Colourpop The News blended into the crease as a transition shade, Colourpop Making Moves and Stay Golden blended to the crease, and Colourpop 143 padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 8: "Desert Dusk"





Colourpop High Strung on the lid, Inglot peachy shade blended into the crease as a transition shade, Inglot purple shade blended above the peachy shade, Inglot orange shade blended above the purple shade, and Makeup Geek Masquerade padded onto the outer corner. NYX Vivid Brights eyeliner in Vivid Violet. 


Look 1: Kiko 208

I've written about my Kiko shadows several times, so I'll just say that I really loved this look. I've really enjoyed pairing light golds with bright peachy shades, and I thought this look came out quite pretty. I think it takes a typical neutral look up a few notches without being a super dramatic look. I also paired it with Chanel Eros on the waterline, and while it did kind of make my waterline look a little blood-like, I still thought it was interesting and pretty. 

Look 2: Kiko 200

Despite this being one of my favorite Kiko shadows, I didn't really like this look all that much. Since I have been really infatuated with my peachy palette, I've been wanting to explore and see what colors pair well with the peach tones. And I have to say that I wasn't super thrilled with this combination. I really liked putting Whirl(pool) on the waterline, and thought that gave the look a little bit of interest, but on the whole, I wasn't really digging this. 

Look 3: "Just Peachy Mattes"

I wore this look on one of the worst days I've had in recent memory. And by the end of the night, I had cried all of this off my face. Typically, that would mean that I would never wear this look again because the memory tied to it is so bad. BUT, I really, really, really love this look. So, screw that. That awful day doesn't get to own this look. I do. I wore this look several times while in Europe, and I received more compliments than I have on any other look I've ever done. One woman even stopped me on the street as I walked by just to tell me how much she loved my eyeshadow. So, yeah, this is a new favorite look for sure. 

Look 4: Juvia's Place Masquerade 

What I've shown in the photo above are the only shadows I have left from this palette. I really loved Masquerade, but I felt I had the majority of the shadows in my collection already, for the exception for the very colorful shades. Chi and Zola have always been favorites of mine, and since I couldn't decided which colors to wear that day, I decided to wear both. I really like the look of blues and purples paired with pinks, so I thought this look came out quite pretty. Having to do it over again, I might substitute the peachy crease shades with either hot pink or dark berry.

Look 5: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe 

I mentioned a few weeks ago that following my birthday and double surgeries, I had been gifted quite a bit of new makeup, and this palette was part of that. I honestly haven't used this palette too much because when I've used it, I've only used the same shade every single time, which is the fourth shadow in the top row. This shade is KILLER. The majority of the shadows in this palette are quite pretty, but I am positive that I have duplicates of all of them elsewhere in my collection, expect for this one shade. I would like to use this palette more, but I wouldn't be surprised if I depotted that one shadow and decluttered the palette.

Look 6: NYX Air

So, this palette is unfortunately a result of that aforementioned terrible day. I don't typically buy makeup anymore for emotional reasons (and it is not a behavior that I find exceptionally healthy), but that happened. I was so impressed with the NYX Fire palette (and less so with the NYX Brights palette) and was curious to try Air. I've only used this palette one time, which was to do the above look, so I am going to hold off on giving my "official" opinion of the palette. With that said, every color I used in this look was really great and performed exactly as I would expect based on the Fire palette. I'm looking forward to wearing some of the more colorful shadows next, such as the blue and green shades.

Look 7: Stila Magnificent Metals Sunset Cove

I've written about Sunset Cove before, which is a color that I absolutely love. I have several Magnificent Metals, and they are easily one of my favorite products of the year. This was my other favorite look of the past few weeks, and it was my favorite look I've ever done with one of the Stila Magnificent Metals. This look is also a great example to me of how shadows can blend and layer without looking muddy. It's exciting to me that I created this look with $5 Colourpop shadows, especially when there are much more expensive and hyped alternatives available that don't perform, in my opinion, nearly as well.

Look 8: "Desert Dusk"

Finally, for my last look, I compiled a "dupe" palette of the Huda Beauty Desert Dusk, inspired by Lauren Mae Beauty's "Let Dupe It" video on the same palette. I really like how this look turned out. The shadow I used on the lid, Colourpop High Strung, isn't a "dupe" for any shadow in the Desert Dusk palette, but I added it to my palette because I thought it went nicely with the other shades in it. It doesn't show up too well in the photos, but I loved Makeup Geek Masquerade on the outer corner and lower lash line. I typically only use Makeup Geek foiled shadows all over the lid, so it was fun for me to think (a bit) outside of the box with the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment