Saturday, May 20, 2017

This Week's Looks: Fyrinnae, Tarte, Tom Ford, Too Faced, Laura Mercier, and Ciate London


This was a week of old favorites for me, which was not my intent when I was making choices each day. I just kind of went with whatever I wanted to do, and I ended up going in an incredibly neutral direction this week. 

I've been under a lot of stress recently, and I guess because of that, I just naturally gravitated toward easy, "classic" looks that I knew I loved. And maybe also, because of the stress, I knew these were looks that make me feel good. And maybe I just wanted to feel good. 

Here are five looks I did this week. 

Look 1: Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions 





Rapunzel Had Extensions (over Pixie Epoxy) on the lid and Melt Rust Stack blended into the crease. 

Look 2: Tarte Tartelette in Bloom





Firecracker on the lid, Rebel blended into the crease, and Smokeshow padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 3: Tom Ford Nude Dip





2 on the lid (over Pixie Epoxy), 3 blended into the crease, and 4 padded onto the outer corner. 

Look 4: Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons





Molasses Chip on the lid and Viseart Neutral Matte blended into the crease. 

Look 4: Laura Mercier African Violet and Ciate London Pretty






African Violet on the lid, Ciate London 3 blended into the crease, and Ciate London 4 padded onto the outer corner. 


Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions 
Status: Favorite 

This is the third time I've written about this shadow, so I'll keep this brief. I love this shadow. It is so peachy and shiny and really stands out against my eye color. This shadow definitely requires Pixie Epoxy to be something special, but it's a step I think is worth taking. I paired it with some of the lighter shadows in the Melt Rust Stack, which continues to be a top favorite, and I think the look turned out really pretty. 

Tarte Tartelette in Bloom
Status: Keep

Almost every time I have ever used this palette, I have used Firecracker. Had it not been for this one shadow, I probably would have decluttered this palette. And that's not to say it's a bad palette, because it's not, it's just that it is so neutral that I have all of these colors. I wasn't terribly inspired by this palette when I used it in my one week, one palette project, but I decided to keep it because I liked it enough. And I continue to like it enough, though this was the first time I used it since the one week, one palette project. At the end of the day, I think this is a nice travel palette. I don't travel for long periods of time very often, but I travel to weekend trips enough that I do "require" a travel palette. This is not my go-to travel palette, but I think it is good for this purpose. I have considered decluttering this palette so many times, but I never do. And I'm pretty ruthless when I declutter, and after using it this week, I still want to keep it. So there must be something there for me. 

Tom Ford Nude Dip
Status: Favorite 

I've written about this quad several times as well, so I'll also keep this brief. This is the one Tom Ford quad that I hear people say isn't worth the money, and I guess I can see why they say that (because the colors are so basic), but I also feel like this is one of the only quads that is worth the money. And that's because I think the colors are gorgeous and classic and the texture is incredible. Applied over primer, I think these shadows are incredibly shiny and gorgeous, but applied over a base like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, I think the shadows are stunning. And for $80, I want stunning shadows that I know I will love and wear all the time, and I don't want to waste that money on glitter topcoat shadows. 

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons
Status: Keep

I didn't really know what to call this as these are the depotted shadows from my Chocolate Bon Bons palette. Molasses Chip was one of my favorite shadows in that palette, and even though it was a bronze (which I clearly have a lot of), I still thought it was special enough to depot and keep. And I still feel that way. Even looking at photos, I think this color is incredibly shiny and pretty considering there is only primer under it. I paired it with some shadows from Viseart Neutral Matte, and I found the look really pretty for being so neutral.

Laura Mercier African Violet 
Status: Favorite

This was my favorite shadow from the Artist Palette, and I decided to declutter that palette and instead buy this single shadow. And I am really happy that I did that. I recreated my favorite look from that palette with the Ciate London Pretty palette, and I love how it turned out. I think this was a nice shadow to wear considering how bronze the rest of the week was for me, but I also think it was neutral.

Ciate London Pretty
Status: Favorite

I've mentioned this a lot, but this is my favorite travel palette. I never used this for a one week, one palette, and I think it might be my only palette that I did not use in that project, but I know that I love it. It has three of my favorite lid shades (champagne, gold, and taupe), perfect blending colors (peach and plum), colors to deepen the outer corner, and a matte cream for the brow bone. It really is a perfect palette for me, and it's one that I could use for a longer trip as there are many possible color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment